Cheap Drunk Games
Based in France/Australia
Press / Business Contact:
DescriptionCheap Drunk is the name under which I (Katharine Neil) release my independent game projects. "A glass of shandy and they're anyone's" is a reference to the reasonable price point at which I sell my games, rather than any statement about the looseness of my morals.
HistoryI started working professionally as a game developer in 1998, on mostly fairly unremarkable AAA console games. I've worked in various roles (sound designer, programmer, game designer) on projects ranging from Le Mans 24 Hours on Dreamcast and Transformers on PS2 (sound design) to the Pony Friends games on DS and Wii (as a designer). More recently I was the writer for Lady Shotgun's Buddha Finger. A longer credits list can be found here: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/katharine-neil/1/899/524
- Alone in the Park is my first real project I've made as a bedroom-coder/independent developer.
- Deb Kunda is responsible for the map art on Alone in the Park. She's an Australian-based architect and installation artist.
- I'm responsible for everything else.
- I (anonymously at the time, so I wouldn't lose my job) led a game project in Australia that sparked a ministerial inquiry. Games, huh?
- In 2004 co-founded Freeplay, Australia's annual independent game developers' conference. Back in those days indie devs rode dinosaurs!
- Shandy is beer mixed with lemonade.
There are far more images available for Cheap Drunk Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Cheap Drunk Games. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
Team & Repeating